- Mix for 10 to 12 pancakes (Any brand of pancake mix will do!)
- 2 soft bananas
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped – walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- (I use milk instead of water as called for in mix recipe)
- You can also add 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Try this recipe for a delicious oven omelet!
- 1/4 c. butter
- 18 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. sliced green onion
- 2 tsp. salt
Pour butter into 13x9x2 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, sour cream. onions and salt until smooth. Pour into dish and bake uncoverted at 325 degree for 30 to 35 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 12 to 14.
Are you a veteran or do you know someone who is? Canaan Oaks is proud to be participating in the B&Bs for Vets program on November 10th & 11th when bed & breakfasts around the nation will be honoring veterans with discounts, meals, free stays and more. Visit www.bnbsforvets.org for more information.
Winners will be selected by Christian Radio station, Calvary KLJC. Go to their site to enter to win! http://kljc.calvary.edu/listeners/events?id=441